Saturday, February 20, 2010

More Proof, Cal Orey's NorCal 6.5 Prediction--Spot On

By Cal Orey
On January 9, 2010 a 6.5 hit Offshore NorCal. I had predicted a quake of 6.0+ would hit near Eureka or Petrolia. This forecast was made on Coast to Coast (Jan. 1 Special Predictions); Oracle 20/20 magazine (Jan. 1 issue, online and hard copy); a wager with geologist Jim Berkland (he did send me the $100 check); and on my web site www.calorey.com The Woman Who Predicts Earthquakes...But that's not all.
I just found this link [See the Question 5] that also confirms I held my ground for more than 3 years with the prediction--and I continued to say the next 6.0 in our Golden State would happen right where it did. So there you go.
This strong quake was felt by residents throughout Northern California. There was some damage, some injuries--but California got through this shaker which could have wreaked so much more havoc than it did. And I am thankful for that.
One more thing: Can Earthquakes Be Predicted? [see end of article about my NorCal bullseye quake "hit" noted in msnbc.com] Yes, I do believe some--not all--earthquakes can be predicted but short seismic windows are a challenge unless there is a lot of data. Plus teaming scientific cues with an intuitive's tools (images, dreams, body signs, etc.) can help one sense an oncoming shaker before it hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment