Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Quake Sensitive Hits Offshore NorCal, Not Haiti

By Cal Orey, Author-Intuitive
Okay. Here's the deal. I sense oncoming earthquakes like countless two-leggers and four-leggers can and do. And yes, I did achieve a "bulls-eye" hit with the January 9 6.5 Offshore Northern California quake. (My prediction was made on Coast to Coast) (January 1); Oracle 20/20 magazine (January issue); my website www.calorey.com The Woman Who Predicts Earthquakes link (3 1/2 years ago); and on my site www.earthquakeepi-center.com -- with up-to-date oberservances, from the exodus of the sea lions to my own seismically sensitive critters. Yes, the strong quake that rocked Northern California did frazzle nerves. Yes, there was damage. Yes, there were some injuries. It was a perfect prediction and I'm proud of it.
I waited 3 1/2 years and held my ground. The wager between geologist Jim Berkland and me, the "intuitive" was for the next 6.0+ to strike Northern or Southern California. I chose the first and even pinpointed the epi--was 29 miles from it. So why in the world didn't I see the quake coming to Haiti?
As a native Californian, I have ties to quakes that rattle our Golden State. I know our fault zones. I know our quake history. I've been in past quakes including the Loma Prieta major shaker that rumbled through San Francisco Bay Area--and I sensed that earthquake and survived it. Why? There was observances--data provided to me.
But with the Haiti quake? I have no link to it. Sure, I've predicted quakes and have gotten accurate predictions for Alaska, Japan, and even Italy. But I use cues and for these countries I got the signs. Not so with Haiti.
Recently, I couldn't get a reading on my financial situation. I called umpteen professional psychic organizations. Guess what? The majority of answers I received were off the mark. They didn't know about or understand the publishing industry and so they didn't give me accurate answers to my god-like questions about my career. The same goes for the Haiti quake. I didn't know about the quake possibility in this region, nor did I have sufficient data. And this is why I couldn't forsee a deadly quake that rocked my world because the magnitude of devastation has left me with a loss of words and heartsick...Regarding today's 5.9 aftershock? This is a no-brainer. You don't need a crystal ball or quake sensitive to tell you a 7.0 will be without aftershocks.
One more thing: I did forecast flooding for Northern California(I even included the Sierra) this year, this winter. And checking NOAA, guess what? Flood advisories are in working order. How did I foresee this happening? Signs and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment